- Linux, various flavors, shell fluency a minimum; system administration
- Apache, understanding of HTTP headers, CGI, and Apache configuration
- MySQL, version 4 or later required. Must have general SQL understanding.
with Perl/DBI essential.
Perl. Firm understanding of Perl's regexps, module structure
and interaction with CGI essential.
Other technologies required for this position:
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- FLASH (a plus, but not required)
- Image manipulation as it relates to websites
- MIME protocol
This position is:
* 40% application programming in Perl with CGI and SQL
* 30% documentation and design (software engineering AND layout)
* 30% trouble-shooting SQL databases and Perl code, often in direct communication
In addition to the above: good organizational skills, the ability to analyze
and debug Perl modules exceeding 1000 lines of code, understanding of "mission
critical" application programming and SSL data transfer issues, self-
motivated and an innate ability to "think outside the box" in a Pitney-
Bowes "What If..." kind of way.
Experience with proprosal writing in relation to software consulting a
but not required.
Good in-line coding documentation skills a MUST. Candidates will
samples of their coding style from real-world applications. Ability
demonstrate a live web interface you designed or programmed will be very
Our clients are typically mid-sized commercial enterprises engaged in
customized e-commerce and eProcurement solutions. Most of our
applications are designed mission critical however we ourselves do not
provide 24x7 system administration. Therefore there is no "on-call"
requirement, work on the weekends (unless you want to) and most of all,
little (if any) commuting to a job site.
Send an email with your Resume/CV to: email@example.com